Prof. Dr. Muhammad Riaz Bhatti (HOD)
Prof. Dr. Muhammad Ismail Tariq (HOD)
Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences is headed by Prof. Muhammad Riaz Bhatti who is the former chairperson of Kind Edward Medical University. He’s not only experienced medical educationist and clinician but also a dynamic person working for the uplift of mental health nationally and internationally.
Prof. Bhatti has more than 30 years of teaching experience in various teaching institutions at home and abroad. He has been trainer and examiner for various undergraduate and post graduate diploma/degree courses such as MCPS psychiatry, FCPS psychiatry, DPM and MD psychiatry. He was the longest serving staff presents of KEMOCOL (magazine) at KEMU. Currently he is serving as the founder president of Pakistan Association of Social Psychiatry. Prof. Bhatti has more than 30 publications in national and internal journals.
Under the umbrella of UHS to develop this institution as an innovative global Centre of excellence in learning and research, supporting a community of professionals committed to serving society, promoting the development of students to reach their full true potential, in becoming competent, ethical, empathic, caring and inquiring health professionals having firm believe in holistic approach of medical practice.
To teach and train the students for holistic approach in medical practice so that they can become competent, research oriented doctors with an ability to provide health care locally as well as globally in a professional manner with a concern and empathy through using high standards of medical ethics.
Department is not only performing its routine responsibilities of teaching and training the students according to syllabus but also involved in other activities of research and awareness programmes.
- Yearly Neuropsycon An annual international scientific conference is organized by the department in collaboration with Pakistan Association of Social Psychiatry
- 10th October is celebrated as World mental health day. Department routinely arranges public awareness seminars on this occasion.
- Awareness Programs are also conducted by the department on different TV channels &Institutions
- Guest Speaker Lectures; whenever any important scholar or teacher visits Lahore, department tries to arrange his or her lecture in the college.
- Internship Facilities for Public/private sector Universities. Department is also providing teaching and training /internship facilities in the field of mental health.
- Department is also providing teaching facilities to UHS for its postgraduate students as visiting faculty.
Management always encourages and supports the faculty to attend the different scientific workshops and seminars to keep their knowledge updated. Recently following programmes and courses were attended by Prof. M. Ismail Tariq
- Diploma in CBT for Professionals
- Certificate in Telemedicine Course
- Certificate in Medical Teaching (CMT)
- Online Seminars on Covid19 Pandemic & Mental Health
- Seminar on Law & Mental Health