Department of Otorhinolaryngology/ENT
Prof. Dr. Muhammad Riaz (HOD)
To make ENT Department progressive and competitive having a teaching atmosphere where not only the undergraduates are taught and trained according to international standards but also the House Officers and Residents are trained well regarding knowledge, skill and research. The patients also get treatment in an atmosphere of comfort and concern for them and the doctors treating them are highly skilled.
To produce competent research oriented doctors with ability to provide health care locally as well as globally in a professional manner with a concern and empathy for the ailing humanity and are committed to continuing medical education.
The undergraduates are taught the subject of ENT according to a planned schedule and timetable and a standard curriculum and syllabus under the guidelines of UHS & PM&DC. The whole teaching is interactive having a feedback system both for students and teachers. Regular assessment of the students is done. A modular system of teaching is planned. Clinico Pathological Conferences (CPC) are being held for the sake of continued medical education.
- A seminar on “Stress Management” at Allama Iqbal Medical College Lahore (23rd Nov, 2005)
- 19th annual conference of Pakistan society of otorhinolaryngology at Lahore (16-18th November,2006)
- Training course on “Reconstructive Micro-surgery & Burn Wound Management” organized by Jinnah Burn &Reconstructive Surgery Centre Lahore (march 28 to April 5,2008)
- 32nd King Edward Medical University Annual International Scientific Symposium (19-22ndDecember 2012)
- Transnasal Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Hands on Course held on 28th October, 2014at Services Institute of Medical Sciences, Lahore
- 1st International Conference of Rhinology & Skull Base Surgery ,Lahore (Feb 10-11,2018)
- Attended 2nd Annual ENT Masterclass Lahore February 16-17, 2019