Department of Orthopedics
Dr. Imran Manzoor (HOD)
Dr Imran Manzoor
MBBS ( KEMU-PB), FCPS ORTHO (PAK)
HOD and Associate professor orthopedic
Dr. Rizwan Lodhi
MBBS(AIMC-PB), FCPS ORTHO(PAK)
Assistant professor orthopedics
Orthopaedics department of continental medical college is the most prolific and dynamic department in the Hayat memorial hospital. It has operated on a large number of patients who presented in the OPD or emergency of the hospital. HMH has one of the highest number of joint replacement surgeries performed in Lahore city.
The department of orthopaedics is equipped with most modern state of the art surgical instruments and paraphernalia, comparable to the most modern hospitals of the city.
Our theatres are regularly fumigated and we have zero incidence of post post-operative infections .
Department has 15 beds allocated and 5 private rooms are also available according to the affordability of the patients.
The staff of orthopaedics has a team of two consultants, one PGR and two house officers.
# Department of orthopaedics has an active OPD. Students and house officers along with PGRs are given hands-on clinical training in OPD and wards.
# According to our duty rostrum PGR and house officers are designated in operation theatre to assist the consultants in their respective cases.
– Daily clinical morning meeting is held in department where the topics are discussed in detail.
– Ward rounds are conducted in the morning and patients are looked after accordingly.
– Department has a library which has latest editions of standard orthopaedics textbooks.
– Orthopedics journals are monthly subscribed to aid the PGR , HOS and consultants in updating with the current knowledge and advancements.
– A separate minor procedure room is available where dressings are changed, POP casts are applied ,stitches may be applied or removed and the record is kept.
Orthopaedics is a surgical allied subject in medical studies .The goal of teaching orthopaedics to MBBS students is to make them aware of the structural, functional and biomechanical aspects of human body.
Our team is dedicated in providing quality, personalized and innovative care for patients with a variety of conditions affecting bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and spine. Highly trained and experienced our doctors, nurse practitioners and Physician assistants work with the patient, his family and other specialists to offer custom treatment plan that meets the patient’s health care needs